Thursday, March 6, 2008

The look of amazement

Six or so years ago, I have this phone buddy, Neith. We talked for hours and hours about our own lives, most specifically the boys in her life and my girlfriend back then. One day, she sent me a picture of her through email. As I hoped for, she aint just brains (coz we always had intelligent conversations) but beauty as well. I was bedazzled by the beauty I saw. In my heart, I made this wish that if only I could be more than just her phone buddy. Notice I made use of the word, "wish"? Its because we were worlds apart. I am the Yin and she is the Yang. The only thing that binds us together is our friendship through the telephone. It is the reason why I let that wish go.


MUSHY STUFF WARNING!
Hit BACK button now!




Back to present time... Me and my girlfriend were watching episode 9 of her new fav show - gossip girl. I can relate to the flash backs of the story so at the end of the show, I told her:

Me: Wishes do come true...
Lonie: What made you say that?
Me: `coz Ive wished for you to be mine way back when Im not suppose to... when there isnt a single drop of hope for it to happen.

Her eyes glowed and her lips almost couldnt contain her smile. She had that happy smile until she fell asleep. I never pursued that wish and I never thought that Someone was listening when I made it. HE just made me wait for four years and transformed her from being Neith to become Lonie in my life.



I kept it to myself all these years. Maybe that is why she couldnt grasp fully how special she is to me. I guess this is another step forward to understanding why...

No comments: